Friday, May 22, 2009

Reinventing the Wheel

So this is my first post since I graduated from college.

Yes, it's true! I am now the proud owner of a bachelor of arts degree in print journalism! Oh, and I have a minor in English. What a pairing! Right?

In any event, with this change in my life comes a change to this blog. It's former self reflected too much of last summer and not enough of my progressive life.

I've titled it "A Conservative Perspective (on politics and life in general)." Perhaps it's cliche. Maybe something better will hit me soon. Let's hope so! But I've named it thus for very specific reasons:

I'm a conservative, first and foremost. No, that doesn't mean that I put my political standings and opinions above all else in my life (i.e. my friends, family, and fun, of course). What it implies is that my conservative values color my entire life, shaping my decisions and actions. If I held values differing from those I currently retain, I'd be a completely different person, and that's what I want to capture through this blog--that conservative or otherwise, I'm a person with a life aside from politics. And that's where the second half of my blog's title emerges from: there's so much more to life than politics (mainly my friends, family, and writing, of course. I love to write).

So maybe I'm not reinventing the wheel. I'm just refocusing my blog. But I thought a title like that would draw readers, so I went with it.

Hopefully, I'll do a better job of recording my life via this blog now that I'm out of school. If you're coming along for the ride, welcome. But my life is crazy and random sometimes, so do so at your own risk. For those of you who are already my friends (most, if not all, of my readers), hopefully this will keep us in contact--after all, that's why I read all of your blogs!

Well, I'm at a loss for words now. What do I say? Ready. Set. Go! Not so much.

Just sit back and enjoy my typing. And if you don't, that's okay. Because I like it, and that matters too. Right?

Come on. Humor me!

No comments: